Some video editors can seem bulky and overwhelming for individuals that just want to perform basic-level video editing, such as applying text, music, and cropping clips. If you’re one of those, you’re much better off investing into a lightweight video editor as these are easy to learn. We understand this and have constructed a comprehensive list of the best lightweight video editors that we recommend for any beginner. Here’s what we suggest:
5 Best Lightweight Video Editors for Beginners
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Pinnacle Studio
- Adobe Premiere Rush
- Wondershare Filmora
They’re a whole load of lightweight video editors you can select from on the web, but above are the five most highly recommended software’s. Each editor has its unique benefits that may offer different advantages based on the user’s requirements. To find out more about these benefits, continue reading below.
1.Adobe Premiere Pro
If you’re researching video editors, without a doubt, you’ll always run into an Adobe software. They’ve managed to become a well-known leader in multiple industries like illustration, cloud storage, and of course, video editing.
It’s clear that Adobe has become masterminds due to their work ethic and careful thinking when creating their programs. By purchasing Adobe Premiere Pro, you’ll get a software that’ll support both 360VR and 4k video, Lumetri Color (which will let you play around with the white balance), and multiple non-linear timelines.
However, apart from the outstanding features that this program provides, it can also generate a great deal of convenience for you and your team. With Adobe, you’ll have the option to save it onto their Cloud-based storage, which will allow you and your team to gain access to each other’s files without having to send or store them on an external hard drive.
Opting in for this software, you’ll also be given Adobe’s Media Encoder package. This will allow you to easily compress and render your videos into a more manageable size for everyday devices.
Why we love Adobe Premiere Pro:
- It’s super simple and has straightforward Multicam editing.
- Completely customizable interface, so you’re able to create a layout you love.
- Rapid load speeds as it runs off a relatively small file size.
- Seamless import and export through the cloud and other file types.
- Collaborating with users is easy with their cloud feature.
Now the above Adobe products may take a small amount of time to learn the basics, whereas VideoPad is designed for novices in the industry. It has a small file size, cheap monthly or yearly costs, and a great starting point for anyone wanting to get involved in video editing.
VideoPad is well-known for it’s drag and drop-like interface which is easily manoeuvred by anyone using the software. By purchasing this program, you’ll be greeted with a vast range of transitions and special effects that’ll massively increase your video’s overall production quality. Amongst these features, you’ll also gain access to overlaying text, green screen production, a lot of ready-made templates, and the ability to share on Facebook and YouTube directly.
If these features aren’t enough for you, VideoPad also supports third-party tools which can create this software into something you desire that little bit more. Oh, and did I mention it’s free for non-commercial use, so it’s excellent for those that want to practice before making the initial investment.
Why we love VideoPad:
- Free for commercial use and packed with remarkable editing features.
- Clean drag and drop interface making it easy to maneuver.
- Easy integration with third-party tools and social media sites.
- Monthly and yearly price of VideoPad is affordable for all users.
Another software that has made it on the best lightweight video editor list is Pinnacle Studio. If monthly or yearly costing isn’t your thing, Pinnacle offers a one-off payment which is surprisingly inexpensive for the tool it provides.
As expected for any beginner video editor, it comes equipped with all the basic editing features such as transition effects, text overlays, etc, which are simple to use. However, Pinnacle Studio stands out from the rest because it supports an abundance of file formats, easy-to-use motion tracking, audio ducking, and outstanding video stabilization.
All in all, this software is excellent for any beginner video editor because of its one-off price. It’s also a great present that you can persuade someone to purchase for you.
Why we love Pinnacle Studio:
- You’re able to customize your tool shortcuts and bulk/group edit clips at the same time providing maximum efficiency.
- Superior video and audio editing features.
- Affordable one-off payment.
- Additional extras such as screen recording, author DVDs and the ability to add third-party tools.
4.Adobe Premiere Rush
You’re probably not surprised that Adobe has shown up again in a “best” video editor list. The company is remarkable and produces only quality throughout their products, so they deserve the right to be mentioned again. However, another exceptional lightweight video editor is Adobe Premiere Rush.
It comes with a bunch of fantastic editing features for both video and audio, and you’re able to import, edit and export video up to 4k and 60FPS. However, you’re able to change each of these quality control features accordingly. Something that is rather unique which is different from the rest of the editors mentioned on this list, is that Adobe Premiere is available as a mobile app for edits on the go.
Why we love Adobe Premiere Rush:
- Premiere Rush Starter is entirely free to download and to start practicing your video editing skills today.
- It’s powerful, has a simple interface, and can easily be used to create good-looking video edits.
- Mobile app to make simple edits on the go.
The last lightweight video editor I want to mention is Wondershare Filmora. This trendy software has accumulated around 77 million+ active users and is continuously snowballing due to the performance and well-spoken features.
It’s an easy-to-use software that allows users of all skills to create professional yet straightforward video edits. It’ll allow users to crop, transition, adjust, and merge video and audio clips into something you desire.
Their target audience is beginner video editors. They also have a rather detailed and helpful Learning Centre located on their website that’ll get you up to speed with this program. Without a doubt, we’d recommend Wondershare Filmora as a beginner video editor. You can see for yourself by downloading their non-commercial version of the program for absolutely free.
Why we love Wondershare Filmora:
- It’s Made for beginners as a step-in-stone for their editing career.
- You’re able to gain full access to their software with their non-commercial version for completely free.
- Great learning and support center that is ready for when you need it, making the learning process a lot better.
We hope these video editors will help you out with your project, please check out 101 Social Content Tools for beginners, we know you will find a tool that can help you.